How to follow the Guru

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xabiso-Guru-Mgidlana-Mr-South-Africa-2013-Finalist/148945438501947#

Twitter: @guruofxellence

Instagram: guruofxellence

Monday, 18 March 2013

Hesitation only results in lost opportunities


Mr South Africa 2013 is an opportunity that came to me at a very unexpected time. I remember clearly when this year started out I had set goals forth for myself, I had plans. What where the plans? I was working on a reality tv show pitch for Megalomatrix and an Anti-Steroid campaign, my mind was constantly planning and then all of a sudden I get a text in the middle of the night. I couldn't believe it, Mr SA 2013 was already far ahead and running and how is it possible that I'm entered at such a time. My mind was rushing, heart beating with excitement and confusion, I didn't know what to do. I called my buddy/manager Chris Mocks and Kg, they told me to calm down this is a good sign. After that call I realized something in life, we fear of things we don't know, we fear to lose, to be a failure in front of many masses. That was my fear. I had already seen that most guys are 500-1000 votes ahead of me and I was still on 0 votes. I feared I would try my best but I wouldn't make it that far. I feared that the task we are given to test our marketing skills, I would not accomplish because firstly I have never dedicated my self to sales and marketing. I'm a IT guy, I'm an entertainer. Yes I'm smart, but did I know I had such limits? I only discovered such a limitation now, but I did not hesitate. I asked myself why should I fear what other people think and will say about me if I fail? Why should I value myself lesser than I already have?

Sometimes we don't understand the fundamental value that lies deep within ourselves. We are not different to the famous people we praise, such as musicians , actors, entrepreneurs and directors etc. those people found the diamond inside them, they realized the value and it's worth and they explored it. To succeed you must always compromise and have a plan, be an opportunist and aim for the target. Even if I don't make it to the top 40, I know something will come out of it. The time and effort spend will only show us that we are capable of achieving more. Preparations without weighed risks are for armatures, that's what I think. One needs to be quick and counter every opportunity that passes as quick a blink.

My journey so far.

Lately I have been reaching throughout the airwaves of Mafikeng, I was doing a short brief Mafikeng Fm telephonic radio interview to reach out to people and let them know what's happening and they must know that there is such a person that is me. The interview went well and it gave me a little of exposure, I must say I was a bit nervous thou. Immediately after a few days, I was also interviewed by Lukhanji fm from back home in Eastern Cape. I needed to let people back home to know that there is one of theirs going all out to make the proud and noticed. Home, there is too much value but most people tend to waste it, I needed to bring back the hope in their lives. That there are greater areas in life that one can challenge. Before I can reach out to people all over the nation, you must start home, home is where it all began and it's where belief starts. So I'm currently going under an interview with one of the journalist of the Rep newspaper, a local newspaper back home, and I will be telling my story and urging my people to vote for me and give me courage to do more.

Last week I was invited to a book launch "7 ways of understanding women", it was a very successful launch indeed, brilliant guest speakers that brought new knowledge to heart n mind. I soon leant that life is about forever learning and feeding the mind. We need to understand the opposite sex in order to create a wealthy relationship. I can urge people to purchase such a book should they come across it. Il probably post a link as to how you can get it.

This week is I'll start reaching out to the rest of the nation.I have big plans set out for next week.

Events that will blow you away, as I said I'm not limiting myself anymore. To be Mr SA is not to win the competition but to represent your country!





No comments:

Post a Comment